Sunday, April 10, 2016

Brushing Your Dog's Teeth is Important


Now I know what your thinking. I have to brush my dog's teeth? I thought the same way when I first got Co-Jack and they told me I'm going have to brush he's teeth every day. But when I started it wasn't that bad. It's like brushing your teeth, but you have to make sure you get the toothpaste in his mouth (Co-Jack likes to lick it off since it taste like chicken to him).

Now why is brushing you dog's teeth is important? it's because just like humans dogs can get gum disease. This is actually a serious problem with dogs since not alot of people know about it. Mostly about 85% of  dogs that are over the age of 5 have gum disease. Gum disease happens just like humans. Food particles get stuck in the gum line and build up into hard tartar. If it's not removed it can turn into gum disease which can cause these symptoms: Bad breath, Pain, Abscesses that form in his mouth which can cause a bacterial infection. This infection can spreed to the blood stream and can go into the brain, heart, and liver.

So in the long run it's important to brush your dog's teeth and it doesn't have to be service dogs that get the special treatment. All dog's need it to live a happy and healthier life. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment